Filing Unfiled Tax Returns with The Law Offices of Nick Nemeth
  • August 22, 2018
  • admin
  • 0

If you have unfiled tax returns it is best to file your taxes as soon as possible.  Should you owe back taxes to the IRS it is best to consult with an IRS debt attorney.  If you are unable to prove to the IRS that the non-payment was unintentional, it can lead to a number of consequences. The IRS has the right to seize your assets and garnish your wages to recover the unpaid amount. If you want to file and settle unfiled tax returns with the IRS, consult an experienced IRS tax debt attorney at the Law Offices of Nick Nemeth. We have a team of reputable IRS tax relief attorneys who have successfully helped many taxpayers settle their IRS debts. Continuing the discussion, this blog covers some of the ways to settle unfiled tax returns. Take a look.

1. Offer in Compromise

If you owe the IRS taxes more than you can afford to pay, you may be eligible to settle the debt for an amount less than the actual amount owed. In such cases, you need to apply for an Offer in Compromise (OIC) after checking your eligibility. OIC is a payment plan that requires a taxpayer to pay either a lump sum amount or follow a short term payment plan. Schedule a consultation with one of our tax attorneys to check whether you qualify for OIC.

2. Installment Agreement

Under the Installment Agreement provision, the IRS allows financially-distressed taxpayers to pay their outstanding debts through monthly installments over a stipulated period. If a taxpayer meets the minimum requirements and the IRS is convinced with their reasoning, it would stop all collection efforts, and also eliminate the possibility of wage garnishments, levies or other enforced collection methods.

3. Currently Not Collectible Status

Under the Currently Not Collectible program, the IRS release a taxpayer from paying the unpaid taxes for a stipulated time. The IRS will declare a taxpayer is “Currently Not Collectible” and unable to pay for the stipulated time after receiving certain evidences. It is however a temporary provision that simply buys some time for taxpayers to clear their outstanding tax liabilities.

4. Tax Filing Extension

Tax filing extension helps taxpayers who are unable to file their taxes before the deadline. In such cases, taxpayers can request an extension of the deadline by filling out Form 4868. It is however important to remember that the provision only gets you an extension on the filing date; the date of payment remains the same, which is usually April 17th.

Need Help with Unfiled Tax Returns? Contact Us!

Dealing with unfiled tax debts requires a thorough knowledge of IRS tax laws, which is the core competency of the team at at Law Offices of Nick Nemeth. Discuss your case with an experienced IRS tax debt attorney take the burden of unfiled tax returns off your shoulder. Whether you are looking for an IRS tax relief attorney in Dallas, Texas or any area in Texas, look no further than the Law Offices of Nick Nemeth. For a free case evaluation and consultation, simply call (972) 426-2553 or fill out our contact form and we will take it from there.

Please follow and like us:

What Our Clients Have to Say

Susan WilsonSusan Wilson
03:27 25 Jan 23
I have been very pleased with the solid counsel and guidance that Nick Nemeth has provided me regarding my tax issue. I found him to be honest and straightforward which I appreciated. I was impressed with his relevant experience and knowledge . He has definitely brought me peace of mind during a difficult and stressful time.
Sarah HowardSarah Howard
03:44 14 Nov 22
I would like to thank Mr. Nick and his staff for the superb help that I received from them. My IRS problem was resolved quickly and efficiently. It took 2 visits to convince me that I was over my head. I thought that I could call the IRS, appeal my tax notices and settle on a payment plan on my own. After many phone calls to the IRS, waiting sometimes more than 4 hours with no resolution to speak of, it proved to be extremely difficult and stressful. Revisiting Mr. Nick was a huge wake up call. My account was reviewed, and a payment plan was established with the IRS within a week. I will be forever grateful to the staff who worked on my case and especially to Lorna who listened to me vent while going through this painful process.
00:33 07 Aug 22
I cannot say enough good things about Nick and his team. When I first met with Nick he was up front, honest, friendly and efficient. When I worked with one of his attorneys, Eric B, I was just as pleased. All of the staff there are nice and very helpful. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get help with my issue. Over 6yrs I tried getting through and getting anywhere with the IRS and hardly made any progress. I know this may not be the case for all, and even I thought it would take longer than it did, but 3mos and they had my situation straightened out. I still can't believe it. Thank you thank you THANK YOU for all that you did for me. This is a huge burden gone out of my life now thanks to you. If anyone needs help out there, I know you may not want to shell out more money to get their help but it may just save you in the long run.
Spoilly GirlSpoilly Girl
23:49 03 Aug 22
The Nemeth Law team is exceptional. They treat their clients like a family member who is in crisis. They want you to get the best possible outcome. I really appreciate everything that they did for me. Jake and Ashley had the greatest role in my case and it all turned out for the best for me. Thank you Nick and team for easing my fears and getting me through the long process. I'm truly grateful.
Eddie WaltEddie Walt
19:44 12 Jul 22
During a time in which competent, professional service at a fair price seems to have disappeared, Mr. Nemeth and his team are a refreshing breath of fresh air.From my first phone call to the final settlement of our case with a non-responsive IRS, they under-promised, over-delivered and were in constant courteous contact to make sure we knew exactly what was happening and where we stood.I hope to never need their services again, but, should I receive another friendly letter from the IRS...I know who to call!
Quick Inquiry


    Enter the text you see above