Tips to filing unfiled tax returns
  • November 19, 2019
  • admin
  • 0

There are a thousand excuses for not filing taxes: trying to avoid payment, financial hardship, lack of time, laziness or even forgetfulness. No matter how innocent your reason is, not filing your taxes is a serious offense to the IRS. In many cases, it results in important negative consequences. So, if you’re already late on your tax filing, is there something you can do? Taking the right actions in a timely fashion can help you rebuild your good reputation with the IRS! Here are the 4 Tips You Should Follow To File Your Unfiled Taxes:

Gather all your information and file your tax returns ASAP

First of all, you’ll want to request your wage and income transcripts from the IRS and complete the necessary forms to file unfiled tax returns. Don’t forget to gather information on any investments or income that’s not on record with the IRS. Make sure you keep in mind that if your several years behind you’ll have to file returns for the last 6 years, in most cases.

Related Blog: 5 Scenarios Where it is Best to Hire an IRS Attorney

Before you submit your tax returns to the appropriate IRS unit, it’s advisable to get a tax expert to review everything and make sure it’s ready to go. Don’t forget to keep close tabs on the processing of your late tax returns.

Consider requesting a penalty abatement when possible

When it comes to filing unfiled tax returns, you might have to deal with some penalties that result from failure to file or failure to pay. However, in most cases, you can apply for a penalty abatement, and avoid paying considerable fines on your tax bill. This is a great way to make tax payments less stressful.

If Payment Is An Issue, Consider Applying For A Payment Agreement

For many, the reason for not filing a tax return on time is the fact that they wouldn’t be able to pay their tax debt afterward. However, this tends to work out for the worst as it exposes taxpayers to both failure to file and failure to pay penalties.

In reality, the best thing to do is just file, as quickly as possible. Once you’re done filing your unfiled tax returns, you can apply for a payment agreement. If granted, you can finally get rid of the anxiety of failing to pay off your tax debt. Instead, you’ll focus on making more manageable payments towards the total of your tax debt.

Related Blog: Tax Attorney or Enrolled Agent: Who to Choose for IRS Tax Problems Help?

A tax attorney can best advise you as to how to proceed in this case.

Get A Tax Law Professional To Do The Heavy Lifting

Overall, the one thing you can do to make filing your unfiled tax returns easier and issue-free is getting the assistance of an IRS tax law expert. Nick Nemeth’s tax attorneys can help you best gather your information, prepare your forms and resolve any additional issues with the IRS. This will ensure that filing your unfiled tax returns is done correctly and without trouble.

Hire A Tax Law Professional

At the Law Offices of Nick Nemeth we help hundreds of clients resolve their IRS tax problems and advise on unfiled faxed tax returns. Contact us at (972) 426-2553 for more information and schedule your free, no obligation, consultation.

Please follow and like us:

What Our Clients Have to Say

Susan WilsonSusan Wilson
03:27 25 Jan 23
I have been very pleased with the solid counsel and guidance that Nick Nemeth has provided me regarding my tax issue. I found him to be honest and straightforward which I appreciated. I was impressed with his relevant experience and knowledge . He has definitely brought me peace of mind during a difficult and stressful time.
Sarah HowardSarah Howard
03:44 14 Nov 22
I would like to thank Mr. Nick and his staff for the superb help that I received from them. My IRS problem was resolved quickly and efficiently. It took 2 visits to convince me that I was over my head. I thought that I could call the IRS, appeal my tax notices and settle on a payment plan on my own. After many phone calls to the IRS, waiting sometimes more than 4 hours with no resolution to speak of, it proved to be extremely difficult and stressful. Revisiting Mr. Nick was a huge wake up call. My account was reviewed, and a payment plan was established with the IRS within a week. I will be forever grateful to the staff who worked on my case and especially to Lorna who listened to me vent while going through this painful process.
00:33 07 Aug 22
I cannot say enough good things about Nick and his team. When I first met with Nick he was up front, honest, friendly and efficient. When I worked with one of his attorneys, Eric B, I was just as pleased. All of the staff there are nice and very helpful. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get help with my issue. Over 6yrs I tried getting through and getting anywhere with the IRS and hardly made any progress. I know this may not be the case for all, and even I thought it would take longer than it did, but 3mos and they had my situation straightened out. I still can't believe it. Thank you thank you THANK YOU for all that you did for me. This is a huge burden gone out of my life now thanks to you. If anyone needs help out there, I know you may not want to shell out more money to get their help but it may just save you in the long run.
Spoilly GirlSpoilly Girl
23:49 03 Aug 22
The Nemeth Law team is exceptional. They treat their clients like a family member who is in crisis. They want you to get the best possible outcome. I really appreciate everything that they did for me. Jake and Ashley had the greatest role in my case and it all turned out for the best for me. Thank you Nick and team for easing my fears and getting me through the long process. I'm truly grateful.
Eddie WaltEddie Walt
19:44 12 Jul 22
During a time in which competent, professional service at a fair price seems to have disappeared, Mr. Nemeth and his team are a refreshing breath of fresh air.From my first phone call to the final settlement of our case with a non-responsive IRS, they under-promised, over-delivered and were in constant courteous contact to make sure we knew exactly what was happening and where we stood.I hope to never need their services again, but, should I receive another friendly letter from the IRS...I know who to call!
Quick Inquiry


    Enter the text you see above