A Federal tax lien comes against your owned assets in case you fail to pay your income or property taxes. You can also consider tax lien as an IRS (Internal Revenue Service) response to your unpaid tax debts. It allows the Federal system to initiate the sale of your property or owned businesses and when sold, can collect a portion or the total value, based on the amount owed by you. All in all, a tax lien may affect you in the following ways:
- Limit your ability to attain credit.
- Attach all your assets, including property, vehicles, business, or any investments you made.
- Federal Notice for a tax lien persists even after you file for bankruptcy.
If you find yourself in such a situation, an IRS tax lien attorney may help you come out of the scenario.
Why Hire an IRS Tax Attorney?
IRS tax attorneys are law professionals specialized in the tax law field. They provide tax lien help services and are a necessity for the taxpayers who struggle with their overdue balances or other problems with IRS debt. You might not be aware of the options available to you if you are unable to pay the annual tax and kneel to the IRS demands. As a result, you suffer a huge loss.
Although the IRS website is full of information regarding repayment and negation, still it may difficult for you to understand the associated terminology and processes without professional help. IRS attorneys offer tax lien help and provides all the relevant information to you as well as answer any questions you may have.
How an IRS Tax Lien Attorney Can Help
Now that you are aware of the tax attorney services, you might wonder how to get assistance regarding a tax lien. There are multiple ways in which a tax attorney helps you:
- Negotiate the Payment Plan: A tax attorney analyzes your present tax information and negotiates the best payment options for you with the IRS. The negotiation may be for an installment agreement or can be an “offer in compromise” that enables you to pay a smaller amount of tax than you owe.
- Lien Withdrawal: An attorney may also apply for your lien withdrawal with the IRS requesting the dismissal of the “Notice of Federal Tax Lien” and persuade for the incompetence of your lien-attached property.
- Property Discharge: A tax lien attorney can assist you in the discharge of your property under any applicable provision.
Being at the receiving end of IRS tax lien can be a matter of grave concern, however, with the experience of the Law Offices of Nick Nemeth who has over 20 years of experience, you will gain peace of mind learning what your options are and what they can do for you. If you have received a notice for an IRS tax lien, speak with an IRS tax attorney at the Law Offices of Nick Nemeth and find the best solution for your tax lien. To schedule a no-obligation consultation, click here, or simply call (972) 627-4580.